Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Special Moments

We took a really nice family vacaton over 4th of July this year. Four of us (Scott, our daughter, Hannah, and her boyfriend, Mark) drove from Illinois to Washington, D.C., to visit my relatives. We had a great time, and didn't get sick of each other! Below, see Hannah and Mark along the Potomac, in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Very hot, but a beautiful day!We had lots of fun with each other. We were invited to the home of Joel and Jesse, friends of my nephew, Nathan. We had an outdoor picnic, including some fun playing baggo (see my sister-in-law, Jean, celebrating with Mark, below), and then watching the D.C. fireworks from their high-rise window. Here is our daughter, Emily, with our nephew, Nathan. Cousins and friends - the best!

This is a great picture of Hannah, myself, and Jean. It really shows how much fun we were having and much we like just being together.

And I just love this picture, with Emily and her dad (Scott) on the streets of Old Town Alexandria. It is so charming and picturesque, and don't they look adorable?

More phots and special moments to follow!




No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...