Sunday, January 23, 2011

Watching Dora Grow

So, we got this idea to shoot weekly photos of Dora because we KNEW she would grow quickly. We were right! We are trying to use the same pose each time, in front of a piece of furniture (my grandma's pump organ), as a frame of reference to show her growth.
Here she is just 2 days after we got her - December 26th, 2010 - 8 weeks old, and 11 pounds. Isn't it perfect that she is trying to chew the sign I'm holding?
...9 weeks old, and 12.5 pounds...

...10 weeks old, 14 pounds...(realize that we are weighing her on our old bathroom scale, not very accurate!)
...11 weeks old, and 18 pounds (big week for Dora!)

...and now she is 12 weeks old, and 19 pounds! Note also how much taller she is! She has been sleeping a LOT, which is when she does lots of her growing, I think. We just bought her a dog bed cushion today, for the family room floor. We got the extra large size! :)




No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...