Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Emily's Father's Day Dinner

Here is my daughter, Emily, cooking up a storm this past Sunday for Father's Day dinner!


She was ably assisted by my other daughter, Hannah. Check out Hannah's newly-blonde look! She had to opt for either all blonde or all brown, for her role as Sandy in "Grease" - I think the blonde works for her!

Of course, Scott got into the act, too!
First, he was tasting the guacamole...then he was mixing the all-important mojitos!























My main job was keeping up with the used dishes! I think Emily used most of my pots and pans (just kidding Emily), but it was worth it!



This is the fantastic Mojito Chicken - by Guy Fieri on the Food Network - which we all agreed was the best chicken dish ever! First a dry rub marinade, then browning in a skillet, then oven baking in broth, and finally oven glazing. Scrumptious!



This is Emily's warm corn and tomato salad - she also made stuffed peppers, which you can see below -



...but the best part? Spending all day together with the family! Happy Father's Day, Scott! We love you!












1 comment:

Sujata Shah said...

Chris,
Your family is beautiful! Sounds like you had such a great time. Their smiles say it all!
I read yesterday's post and was wondering about meals for 40 people! I get tired when I cook for just 25... All on the stove top. Indian food requires way too much chopping and prepping;)
But in the end it is all worth the time when you see everyone enjoying the way they do.

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...