Friday, September 2, 2011

Cherish

I discovered a great blog yesterday - The Blue Hare, link here .


She (the blogger and quilter, Deborah) incorporated a wonderful poem called "Dust if You Must" into her beautiful quilt, entitled "Cherish" (taken from a word in the poem). I am including the words to the poem below, as it is a little hard to read all of it on the picture, at least for me. I contacted Deborah to ask permission to link to her quilt (always a good idea), and she was gracious in her response - as I am finding most quilters to be.


This is why I blog - finding beautiful blogs, quilts, and quilters, the world over. Deborah is from the U.K. Enjoy!


"Dust if You Must"

by Rose Milligan


Dust if you must, but wouldn't it better

To paint a picture, or write a letter;

Bake a cake, or plant a seed,

Ponder the difference between want and need.


Dust if you must, but there's not much time,

With rivers to swim, and mountains to climb;

Music to hear, and books to read,

Friends to cherish, and life to lead.


Dust if you must, but the world's out there,

With the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair,

A flutter of snow, a shower of rain,

This day will not come around again.


Dust if you must, but bear in mind,

Old age will come, and it's not kind;

And when you go, and go you must,

You yourself will make more dust.

1 comment:

Deborah OHare said...

Thank you so much for featuring my quilt Chris.
Deborah

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...