Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter weekend

It was a beautiful weekend here, in more ways than one! The weather was glorious, high 60s and sunny. On Friday, after dropping Scott at Midway Airport (for a quick trip to Minnesota to visit his mom), I drove to Chicago. First I got to visit daughter Emily, then Gen dropped over too.
Then Gen and I have an adventure! We drove to the Wicker Park area of Chicago, on Milwaukee Avenue. She showed me a couple of great stores for clothes - we had lots of fun shopping! So many great colorful clothes out there now! And then we went out for tapas at People, a great little bar/restaurant in the neighborhood. Fun fun fun!
I was going to make lemon meringue pie for Easter dessert - but found that I had no Crisco for the crust. So, lemon pie became lemon cupcakes instead. And lemon cupcakes became LEMON PEEPCAKES! How cute are these? (They were delicious, too! I found the recipe here.

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...