Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mad about Mauve?

My friend, Victoria, over at 15 Minutes Play, gave us all a challenge - to create a block using mauve - probably not a favorite among today's quilters!

I used to have plenty of mauve - I've been quilting quite a while! But all I could find were these:
The center piece is actually mauve, while the batiks on the left and right have some mauve in them.
Then I chose fabrics which were lighter and darker tones of mauve, pinks down to deeper purples, and then added some blue and orange, colors in one of the prints.
Finished product! I made a Scrappy X block, seen previously on the 15 Minutes blog - made fabric for the main piece, sliced into 4 triangles, and X'd with deep purple, and a dot of mauve in the center. Victoria plans to issue one color challenge a week for 12 weeks. I wasn't going to "play" - but it looked like too much fun not to!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...