Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Garden Beds

Last summer, we pulled out ALL of the old, tired evergreen hedges in front of our 1950 house. They have probably been there the entire time - and the roots were bothering my plumbing. So - they had to go!!!

Pretty new iris from dear friend Peggy - although not blooming yet, the leaves are so pretty alongisde my tulips. Lots of buds on my clematis (on the gaslight post).

This shows both side of the front sidewalk - all the plantings are coming in nicely, though it still needs some tweaking. The three spirea plants next to the porch are looking good.

Love the pansies for spring! The little plants nearer the house will be tall oat grass, and the taller plant in the back is an oakleaf hydrangea. After a few years, it will be much larger. We love hydrangeas!

1 comment:

Pinkadot Quilts said...

They look beautiful, nice work!
I love hydrangeas too.

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...