Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Color Challenge #6 Orange, & #7, Dusty Blue

This is another delicious block - I call this one Orange Jell-O - my aunt Phyllis's recipe, orange jello with orange sherbet and mandarin oranges.
I love sewing with orange lately - it seems to mix well with many other colors/patterns. Here I've added yellow, and lime green to a mostly orange composition.
Dusty Blue - definitely not my favorite color, although I had lots to chose from in the deep stash (i.e., fabric from the 80s!). I am not a huge fan of blue, and dusty blue, I like even less. But add a little navy, aqua, lime green, and red - and this is one of my favorite blocks so far. Go figure!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...