Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thank a Vet Today!


Although this cartoon was created for Veteran's Day - the message holds true today. My dad was a veteran - served in the Navy during WWII, and was even present at Pearl Harbor. My father-in-law served in the Army in Panama; both of my brothers served in the Navy during the Vietnam War; my brother-in-law was in the Reserves, and my husband served in the Army during Vietnam. Scott was a singer with the U.S.Army Field Band and Soldiers Chorus. He traveled the U.S., performing mostly in schools. You can hear them, here. I am so proud of my family's military service - and of my country. Happy 4th of July, everyone!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...