Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thanksgiving in October - in Boston!

Emily and Matt (probably) won't be able to come home for Thanksgiving - they have school on the Wednesday before...too difficult if not impossible to get standby flights...regular flights are too expensive...yada, yada.  So...

 ...we decided to have Thanksgiving in October! They have quite a nice little kitchen, with a lovely Whole Foods nearby, where we got all the fixin's for a great Thanksgiving dinner.  Here's Emily preparing Tyler's Ultimate Turkey with Sage Butter.  As you can see, Emily is up to her wrists in the butter mixture, as she is skooshing it between the skin and the breast meat. You can find the recipe here.

Matt was thrilled with the dinner - turkey is his favorite!
 I made a bunch of little pies instead of two big ones - pumpkin, and lemon.  Matt liked the pumpkin so much he wants Emily to make it all the time.
So much to be thankful for - I love my family so much! :)

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...