Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day - Boston comes home, and flags to Boston

To Boston with Love - these flags were made in response to a blog post I saw - the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild started this project, because of the Boston Marathon bombings.  The flags will be all sent to Boston, and joined together for a massive display of healing.  My older daughter, Emily, lives in Boston (Cambridge, actually), so I felt I must participate in this project, which you can read about here.

I made all of these flags from the fabrics donated by my 15 Minutes Play scrap swap partner, Nathalie - thanks, Nathalie!  I made this, plus another project, and I've hardly made a dent in her generous package of scraps!
Shown above are the flag backs, which include our names and cities - I've made flags for all our family members, and their significant others. (darling daughter, Genevieve, above)

Finished shot out front - I love the American flags in the background.  

Best of all - I have ALL THREE daughters home for Mother's Day this year:  Hannah, me, Emily, and Genevieve.  How lucky am I?!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...