Sunday, June 30, 2013

Finishing touches



Finally got around to adding a sleeve onto this quilt - good to time catch up with some shows too.  I finished this quilt months ago, and had already delivered it to the recipient - but they wanted a sleeve, so they could display it.  You can read the story of this quilt here.

Do you use a thimble?  I do when I do bindings or sleeves - easier to push the needle through all those layers.  And less chance of injury, too!  I use the leather thimble with a metal tip inside, and a little space for your fingernail to peek out - if you have nails longer than I do, that is. :)
Another finishing touch - fresh flowers from my garden.  Lovely!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...