Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Making progress!

Had a full free evening last night - which hasn't happened for a while!  Took advantage, and make some big strides in assembling my Color Challenge quilt top. 
The sewing itself is not difficult, but I created this quilt improvisationally.  The creating part was great fun, but fitting everything together proved challenging, even for a seasoned sewer as myself! (I won't even tell you how many years I've been sewing.)

Sorry this photo is blurry - I just wanted to give you a peek as to the progress on this quilt top, without showing the entire top.
Suffice it to say - I am very happy that I figured out how to make it all fit!
My final project will be creating corner blocks on this design.  Maybe I'll start on that tonight - I've got an idea at least!

This hydrangea is right next to my front sidewalk, where everyone walks by every day (we live very close to our downtown, so we have lots of foot traffic, plus all of our neighbors of course).  At first glance, it appears to be a prize-worthly blossom!

But as you can see, this seemingly giant blossom is actually many blossoms, all on the same main stem, but clustered close together.  It doesn't diminish it's beauty, though!

No comments:

Playing catch-up - Gen and Dave's Baby Shower, Liliana's Southwest Dreams Baby Quilt

Wow, we have been living life on "fast forward" lately!  In the course of about 6 months, our family has experienced or will expe...