Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Kristin & Adam's wedding - party on! and Happy Anniversary to us!

More wedding pictures from Kristin & Adam's wedding!  Their ceremony (see previous post) was in the historic Tivoli Theater, and they took their outdoor shots out back, next to this brick wall.  I love the urban chic look of it.

The lovely bride, Kristin, and her maids:  her sister, Leah, maid of honor, on the left, and my daughter, Emily, on the right.
I love how Kristin let the girls chose whatever dress they preferred, but both in navy blue to coordinate.

The reception was at a lovely golf course near here.  Their party room was beautiful and spacious, with golf course views on 3 sides.  And the tablescape was also lovely!  (always looking for wedding ideas - I have 3 daughters...)

Do you know what it means to "get Iced"?  If someone gives you an open bottle of Smirnoff Ice, which my daughter describes as alcoholic Fresca, you have to drop to one knee and chug it.  Sounds mostly like fun for the younger generation, right?  As a matter of face, the fun-loving bride and groom were iced at the reception, and they both obliged!
Then, later in the evening, an open bottle appeared at our table, and my husband, Scott, was up to the task! Who Iced him? The bride!

My lovely daughter, Emily, and her equally lovely boyfriend, Matt. It was so great having them close by this summer, as they both had internships in Chicago.  Now they are both back in Boston for their second and final year in graduate school. The plan is to return to Chicago after they graduate in May! 

We had such a great evening! And yesterday was OUR wedding anniversary - 35 years!!! How can this be?  They say that the days go slow, but the years go fast, and boy is that ever true.
Happy Anniversary, Scott!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...