Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cooking up a storm - and what to do when the dog eats your quilt!

When I cook, I like to make a BIG AMOUNT, so I don't have to cook again for several days.  It saves a lot of time! I call it "cooking up a storm", and there was a storm in my kitchen on Monday night.  First, I made a big batch of Salsa Chicken (you can find the recipe here).  The original recipe calls for couscous, but we like it with brown rice.  Also, as you can see, the cook enjoyed a lovely margarita, too!

I needed to bring a salad to work on Tuesday, so I made a double recipe of Summer Tortellini Salad (recipe here).  Quick, easy, and really delicious!

So, this is our favorite couch quilt, and one of our dogs decided to see how it tasted, leaving several chew holes.  What to do? I found this fabric in my stash - an old Alexander Henry with these gorgeous leaves - that I thought blended rather well with the quilt. A few minutes and some zigzag stitching, and the quilt was ready for more service on the couch.

Back side of quilt, had to patch both sides of course.

Another successful patch!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...