Friday, August 8, 2014

Zigzag Quilt Decision; New Life; Best Garden Bargain Ever!

Finally getting somewhere on this project! I made a couple of changes, and I think I finally have something that both my daughter, Emily (the recipient) and I will like.  I added MORE fabrics (always a good choice, if you ask me), in warmer tones, and I also changed it to a scrappy, yet somewhat organized, layout. Someone told me once, when arranging flowers, you should always add yellow, to help the colors blend better. I think it holds true in quilting, too. Always add a little yellow.  And black.  And of course, lime green. Yay.

Someone new arrived this week! Meet Lena Mae, born to the lovely Kristin, who is the best friend of my daughter, Emily.  Kristin had told Emily about the birth right away, but swore her to secrecy until Kristin spread the news on facebook.  Well, Emily's excitement got the best of her, and she sent me an email yesterday, with the following subject line:  "Okay I cannot hold this in any longer".  (Don't worry, I didn't tell anyone else, and the news hit facebook later that same day) When I read what had happened, I burst into tears right there at my desk at work, happy tears. I have known Kristin for so long, and love her so.  Welcome, little Lena!

I just LOVE my newest hydrangeas! These three plants are all the "Bombshell" cultivar, somewhat similar to the "Incrediball", but smaller in stature.  Perfect size for the bed between my porch and the sidewalk.  I found the plants ON CLEARANCE at Lowe's late last year, for ....drum roll....$5.29 each!!!! I pounced on them!  Scott said, "how many do you want?" I got six!

Here's another Bombshell, by itself, in front of our bedroom window.  My window box has NEVER looked this good, the petunias are going to town! Geeves, the blue heron, is keeping watch.

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...