Friday, January 2, 2015

Where did 60 years go?

Yesterday was my - I can hardly believe it - 60th birthday! How did this happen? I'm not sad, or upset - just surprised, I guess!
My family threw me the best party ever!  Including a scratch-made coconut cake, yum!!!

Part of the decorations - a "looking back" poster, showing events from the year I was born.  So cute, thanks Hannah!

Another poster, with various photos through the years.

Baby me, 59 years ago! 

We had a PHOTO BOOTH at my birthday party! I love how they used a music stand as the tablet's tripod.  

They even had props, including the biggest floppy brimmed hat I've ever seen.  And as a perfect touch, they hung an antique quilt as a backdrop.  My grandma made this in 1944, as a wedding gift to my mom and dad.
Thanks for the great party!

2 comments:

Sujata Shah said...

Chris, what a lovely way to start out each new year celebrating your birthday! You look radiant! Your family's love is pouring out in every picture I see here! And to have the presence of your grandma and your mom and dad both through that quilt was quite thoughtful.
Happy Birthday to you!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday! were you a New Year's baby?

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...