Tuesday, February 24, 2015

QuiltCon - Austin, Texas

We just visited our daughter, Emily, in Austin, Texas (more on that later), and while there, we went to...QuiltCon!  Here are just a few pictures:

Modern Mojo by Linda Thielfoldt
Love all the negative space quilting on this one, beautifully done.

Ad Libbing by Linda Hungerford
The artist was describing her quilt, and pointed out that she used pale aqua thread rather than white for all of her amazing quilting.  Great idea.

Detail of Bauble by Emily Cier.  Great quilting on this also.

Lost in Translation by Victoria Findlay Wolfe.  

After the quilt show, Emily and I went shopping and happened upon all of these quilt-inspired garments in the upscale department at Nordstrom.  This one in particular looks like it could have been displayed at QuiltCon.

Notice the zigzag pattern on this dress.

This dress was not just inspired by pieced quilt designs - it was actually pieced! All of the details are pieced!

1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

Thanks for posting a picture of my quilt, "Ad Libbing," and for giving me credit. However, could you please spell my last name correctly? It's "Hungerford." Thank you! Linda

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...