Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Hannah and Danny's wedding shower, Walk for our Lives




  We had a pretty day in early March for Hannah and Danny's wedding shower, held at our local park district's golf course clubhouse.  The space is surrounded by windows, bright and plenty of space for mingling.  All of our daughters requested co-ed guest lists, and I must say, it's a great idea! 

Scott greeting some guests, and you can see the lovely room.


Genevieve and Lily, charming a guest. 

Cute group of Hannah's friends:  Katie, Rachel's husband, Michael, Lindsay, Rachel, Kate, and Kate's husband, Nick.

Danny and Hannah playing a version of the "newlywed game", lots of fun to watch! It was the only game we had, besides "gift opening bingo", complete with drinkable prizes.  :)

Sorry this photo is so backlit, somehow I didn't take any pictures of just Hannah and Danny! When I'm busy running things, I forget to take pictures. 

Hannah's good friend, Katie, helping out and enjoying the game.

Opening gifts!

Typical Hannah and Danny - Danny clowning around, and Hannah laughing!  They are so sweet, and have lots of fun together. It's great to see, as a  mom. 

Love!
Walk for our Lives - we participated as a family. 

My girl! Can't wait to see her as a bride in two months!
Last Saturday, I participated in our town's Walk for our Lives, walking alongside my family, community members, and led by the local students. 
Quite a lot of people showed up, on a clear but cold day.  Powerful stuff.  #thisiswhatdemocracylookslike, #notonemore. 
It was important to Emily that she bring Ella to her first march.  I agree.  

2 comments:

stevenjared0853 said...

The shower must have been a lovely event, and I hope the wedding was even better. My daughter’s wedding is also in a few months and we are having a great time planning and organizing everything. We are looking into every detail to avoid any last moment mishaps. Also glad that we finally booked the venue NYC that we had our eyes set upon for the wedding day.

وليد العروي said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...