Sunday, September 19, 2010

Why another lab?

The first and only dog I have ever owned was Maggie, our yellow lab. She was a really nice girl, a friend to all, and an enemy to none. She was very tolerant, as shown in the adorable photo below of my younger daughter, Hannah, about 6 in the picture (she's now 20!). Mags loved to look out the front screen door, surveying the world.

Maggie had been chasing tennis balls in heaven for about 5 or 6 months now.We have reserved another female lab from a very nice breeder, here in Illinois, and should have our puppy in time for a very special Christmas. I'll keep you posted on the puppy's progress, as I get news on the breeder's website!

So - why another lab? Or, why get another dog at all? Because having a dog is better than not having a dog, and having a yellow lab was great. That's why

Hannah and Maggie

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...