Monday, October 11, 2010

Comfort food!

Last night, Emily came out to make us dinner, and brought Gen and her dog, Remy. It was a lovely family evening, with lots of fun with the doggies (Cohen was already here), and lots of fun conversation and laughs. Emily whipped up a fantastic dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes (homemade with skins), herbed asparagus, and warm fresh whole wheat bread. And - she is my daughter, and knows that no dinner is complete without dessert - homemade peach cobbler for dessert! It was delicious!

I was wiped out by the end of the day - it was the first day I didn't have a nap! But it was totally worth it. Thanks, Emily, for the dinner, and to Gen for coming to visit me! It was great!

(p.s. I forgot to take pictures, but this one pretty much captures it!)


No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...