Monday, October 4, 2010

The H Word - After

Well, it has been 4 days since my hysterectomy surgery, and I feel pretty good. I went home yesterday, which is good, but I feel pretty wiped out today. Maybe partially due to the move home, or the surgery itself, or the drugs. The hospital experience was entirely positive, everyone was so nice and helpful, and the facility was beautiful and squeaky clean. Most of all, I clearly have the best, most patient, and beautifulest husband in the universe. Scott is so helpful and supportive. Plus, both daughters have visited me and helped me and held me up with their love. I know I will survive this experience, it will just take a good amount of time. They told me to allow 4-6 weeks, and I'm beginning to believe them!

The drive home yesterday was just lovely - flowers still in bloom, sun through the trees, and the occasional tree that has turned brilliant crimson.

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...