Thursday, August 18, 2011

Excellent Day of Fun!



We had such a fun time recently when our dear friends, the Engels, came from Indy for the weekend. Scott and Dave were best friends in high school. Old friends are the best! Dave and Denise married just three months before we did - 33 years ago! Scott and Dave stood up for each other in our weddings, and we've all been friends ever since!


We spent most of the day at the Chicago Botanic Garden, in Glencoe. It is just a gorgeous gem, a not-to-be-missed spot if you are in the area!




I don't remember what was in these overhead flower baskets, but I do remember that the sight of them took your breath away!






This shows the Japanese Gardens. We didn't know this was coming up (the Botanic Gardens is a HUGE place - acres and acres - we were there 2-3 hours and saw only a portion of it), and came around a corner and - POW! This picture doesn't do it justice, I know - but when I caught sight of it, I stopped short and got tears in my eyes. It was that beautiful.







We finished our wonderful day by seeing a performance of Grease!, featuring our daughter, Hannah, as Sandy.


Scott, Denise, Hannah, Dave, and me










1 comment:

Sujata Shah said...

Chris,

Sounds like a fun filled day for all of you. The gardens look amazing!
Congratulations on 33 years of marriage!

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...