Saturday, January 14, 2012

Small Plates Birthday Dinner


My family created a most beautiful and delicious dinner for my birthday - how lucky am I!

Here you see: thai chicken pizza (Rachael Ray recipe); potato crostini, salmon with herb sabayon, and praline pecan, beet, and mozzarella cheese salad. The potato, salmon, and beet recipes were from "Small Plates for Sharing" , from the Practical Gourmet. We also had Dukkah Beef Skewers (not pictured).

Here is the Thai Chicken Pizza in all its glory. This is a WONDERFUL recipe - you must try it!
And of course we finished the meal with birthday cake, made by Emily, the cake lady. I requested a German Chocolate Cake, and Emily, true to form, found a fabulous recipe and made it from scratch. Delish!
As you can see, my birthday with came true, even before I made it - I have the best family ever!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...