Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Color Challenge #4 & 5 - Peach and Bright Yellow

I have always loved the color peach, and I had a nice selection in my stash. One of my favorite fabrics right now is the dotty print, which ranges from peach through yellows, into green - with splashes of hot pink. The fabric provided a starting point for my scheme. Here is one piece of my made fabric. From the made fabric, I cut triangle sections using a paper template and rotary cutter and ruler.
Finished peach block - I love how it turned out! The pink/gold print, used for the "X", is also a favorite. This block reminds me of the actual colors of a peach - not just peach, but the goldy-yellow tones, and the hot pink/magenta inside. Yum!
Bright yellow proved to be a very fun - and also delicious - challenge! For this block, I assembled all of my various yellows, plus a couple pops of pink and lime green. I used a pale lime for the "X".
Finished block - I call it Lemon Meringue Pie - sweet and tart!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...