Friday, July 6, 2012

NEW'BEE Fun 9-Patches for Cathy

This month is the last in my online bee block exchange over at 15 Minutes Play. Cathy has requested a wonky 9-patch. Here's how to make it:

Create "made" fabric in any color of your choice, approx. 10" square. I used lime greens. Cut a 9-1/2" square; set aside.

Create "made" fabric of neutrals - whites, off-whites, beiges - same as above, approx. 10" square. Cut a 9-1/2" square. Layer the two squares, one on top of the other, both right sides up. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
Cut through both layers, twice up and down, and twice across, creating 9 sections. Separate the pieces, so you end up with two blocks, a positive and a negative.
The seams won't match, but that is not important. Assemble the blocks; press.
Ta-da! Two finished blocks! I hope Cathy likes them!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...