Quilt Inspiration in a Kleenex Box?

I've been preparing for a quilt talk on the topic of Inspiration, and how you never know where it comes from.  
Have you ever noticed the beautiful designs found on...Kleenex boxes???
Not only did I notice - and designed a quilt's color scheme around it - 
 but I am so nerdy, I actually saved the box! how nerdy am I?!
 Did you see "You've Got Mail"?  And didn't you love Kathleen Kelly's apartment? I of course noticed the lovely pieced quilt on her bed - I especially loved the on-point setting, and the soft-toned pastel color scheme.
The result? Voila - a lovely pieced single-wedding ring quilt, inspired by a movie quilt prop and a Kleenex box!
Single Wedding Ring, made for Hannah, and now residing on our guest room bed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Day at Loyola Beach, Ravinia Concert

"Fun" Pillow!