Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Quilt Inspiration in a Kleenex Box?

I've been preparing for a quilt talk on the topic of Inspiration, and how you never know where it comes from.  
Have you ever noticed the beautiful designs found on...Kleenex boxes???
Not only did I notice - and designed a quilt's color scheme around it - 
 but I am so nerdy, I actually saved the box! how nerdy am I?!
 Did you see "You've Got Mail"?  And didn't you love Kathleen Kelly's apartment? I of course noticed the lovely pieced quilt on her bed - I especially loved the on-point setting, and the soft-toned pastel color scheme.
The result? Voila - a lovely pieced single-wedding ring quilt, inspired by a movie quilt prop and a Kleenex box!
Single Wedding Ring, made for Hannah, and now residing on our guest room bed. 

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...