Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Nature's paintbox, Dora's party, Pink Month mug rug

Can't compete with the colors of nature, especially in the fall that we've been experiencing here in the Midwest.  Our bird ornament looks smashing next to the oakleaf hydrangea, no?

Yellow mum, nobby orange pumpkin, rustic bench - my fall display.

Dora let us dress her up for her 4th birthday party.  She is truly the most beautiful lab - people stop us when we go for walks all the time.  And she is just as sweet as she is pretty.

Buddy came to the party, so of course he needed a hat, too. Note his black bow tie for the occasion. :)

On another visit, he came all ready for trick or treating.  He sat like a good boy, but was not happy wearing the costume!

I made this "pink month" mug rug for a co-worker.  She is a survivor, and just about to turn 40.  She got cancer when she was in her 20's, and had 2 small children.  She inspires me every day with her cheerful demeanor and positive outlook.  

1 comment:

Pinkadot Quilts said...

What a fun post! Fall is my favorite time of the year, oh the colors!
What fun trick or treaters...

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...