Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Tour Part 1


This is a favorite corner of my house - right by the front door, you are greeted by my grandma Johnson's tinsel tree. She got this back in the 60s, when she didn't want the bother of a big, real tree anymore. It's pretty kitchy but I love it. My mom embroidered the mat below it, and the two items on the wall were from my grandma's house, too.
This is Scott's favorite display. We got these ceramic carolers as a special gift from his mom, about 20 years ago. Someone in Marshall, Minnesota, sold them, and Maurine bought sets for both of her boys. Carefully displayed on my grandma's reed organ by Scott.
I made this "Believe" quilt as part of the first "Labor of Love" quilt contest. I "believe" I was a finalist, and the quilt was featured in Quilter's Newsletter Magazine. Inspired by a Mary Engelbreit Christmas image.
I love this little angel quilt - made with a group of friends, it is a Round Robin quilt. I made the center, and then it was passed around for the next four borders. I added the pieced border and quilted it.
Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...