Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Treasures from the Road

We just got home from a BIG car trip (2400+ miles, more on that later), GREAT to travel, but also GREAT to be home!  
Here are my treasures from the trip!
How fun is this lady-liberty-meets-andy-warhol panel? I could not resist it, found at Twin Cities Quilting in St. Paul - perfect for a fun wall hanging for the patriotic holidays.
And the Quiltfolk "Iowa" issue, picked up at the Iowa Quilt Museum in Winterset, Iowa.  We visited the covered bridges, too - which was great fun to do...so quiet and peaceful. 

More treasures  - found at Piece Works Quilt Shop in Winterset.  I have a baby quilt (for a girl) that I want to whip up quickly, but had no real plan, except for the mom-to-be's color scheme:  the softest pink - almost ballet pink, white, gray/beige, and the tiniest touches of a soft teal green.  Piece Works had ON SALE a baggie with (5) 1-yard pieces in coordinating colors:  the sweet lambs on a soft pink background, two tan prints to the right, and the two green prints in the background (which I am not using, as they are too bright for this project.  No worries, I will use them for something!) I added the three pink/beige prints across the top, and the store clerk found the white texture-y print underneath.  I'm set!

Another find from Twin Cities Quilting, I loved the soft, old-fashioned look of this Christmas panel - reminds me of the movie, Prancer.  I plan to make a simple pillow for the head of the bed, to coordinate with a Christmas quilt - which may of may not be done this year.  

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...