Monday, April 6, 2020

Keeping busy!

Welcome back to my blog! Although I am busy - I've decided I've time enough to get back to blogging.  So here we go!
Although some folks are home with lots of time on their hands, I am home - but I am still working at both of my jobs.  I do customer service for a heating parts distributor, and I also teach piano lessons.  Since the stay at home order, I've been teaching via FaceTime, which has worked very well!

My home office setup.  My workplace brought over my computer and phone and got everything connected for me.  I've been here for just over 3 weeks - first using some vacation days, and now working from home.  The commute is great, but I miss my friends from the office.  Best to be home and try to stay safe.

Over the weekend, I made enough masks for our family, using some batik fabrics.  I used a design found online by Kaiser Permanente, see here.  Very clear instructions.  I made my masks with ties rather than elastic.  Models are my daughter and granddaughter.  Of course we miss our family, but if staying apart will keep us all healthy, it is a small price to pay!

Our other project lately has been painting our kitchen!  Good-bye green, hello white!  Going for a fresh new look.  I enjoy painting - but it's taking longer than I expected!  We're very good painters - but not very fast!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...