Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Reading , eating out, and a zoom birthday



My lovely daughters!  Emily, Genevieve, and Hannah - as beautiful inside as out, I must say!  All three are now mothers, fine mothers all of them - my heart is so full!
Genevieve celebrated a birthday recently - but we were NOT all together, as shown in this photo (taken at Scott's birthday party this past February):  we  "met" via zoom.  Ah, the times we are living in!

Favorite photo of Genevieve and Scott - we were about to attend "West Side Story" at the Lyric Opera last year.  I said, jump up like you're dancing in the show, and they both did it!  Note, Scott is 69 years old, and had both feet in the air!  Genevieve is a dancer by training (BA, Northwestern University), and it shows. :)

Lovely Genevieve.

Scott and I WENT OUT TO EAT for the first time since early March.  Hannah had just gone back to work at the local establishment, so we went to support her.  It was late afternoon on a Saturday, before the dinner rush (so not crowded), and we didn't have to wait for an outside table, so we felt fairly safe.  Masks were worn going to and form, of course!  


Just finished this book, and enjoyed it thoroughly!  Our library was closed for months - I think they just reopened yesterday, with reduced hours/services - but you could still pick up books.  I put in a request for some novels, gave them some guidelines, and a librarian curated a selection of books for me!  This was one of them, and I loved it.

Stay safe, everyone!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...