Saturday, January 16, 2021

'Tis the Season for New Christmas Stockings!

We were not able to have a house full of family this Christmas, but we still decorated - including a stocking for each family member!  This meant that I needed to sew some NEW stockings!

These two new stockings are for our daughter, Genevieve (GVG for short, an it fits nicely on a stocking!), and her darling daughter, our granddaughter, Lily, who turned 3 on Christmas Day.  I did have other stockings for them, but I decided I needed to make them nice, new ones, to better blend with our Christmas color scheme. 

These stockings are for our two NEW family members, born in 2020!  Two new grandchildren (total is now 4, we are blessed!), Henry - first born child to Hannah and Danny and Kate - second child to Emily and Matthew and sister to Ella.  We can't wait for NEXT Christmas, when (hopefully) all of the family will be here for Christmas morning!  We will be crowded, and it will be chaotic - and I cannot wait!

These are the stockings at Emily and Matt's house.  The one on the right is Emily's (she attended Indiana University), and the one on the left is for Ella.  I made Ella's this year.

The one on the left is Matthew's (he attended Notre Dame), and the one on the right is for Kate.  I made Kate's this year. 

Good tidings of comfort and joy, from our house to yours!

 

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...