Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Playing with Solids - #mfaQAL

 Hello and happy new year! I am optimistic for the coming year, as I have a new grandbaby on the way (in August), plus some new and exciting things for me personally in the wings.  More on that later.

I am starting with the Museum of Fine Arts Boston Quilt along! #mfaQAL.  Check out the many Insta posts and also their website!  https://www.broadclothstudio.com/mfa-qal  Their website has this fantastic Digital Coloring Page where you get to try LOTS of different colors and combinations for the quilt! 

The quilt is fairly simple, just 9 blocks, each designed by a different designer, and all with a modern edge. I have always loved quilts made with solids, but haven't sewn with them for years!

My fabrics - all Kona solids.

First block - Water Lily

Web page showing full quilt with 9 blocks.


No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...