Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Pillows, pork chops, and purple pansies

I did lots of quilty sewing in May, but the only finishes were pillows.  I made myself the couch pillow below. 

Pillow made entirely from scraps in my stash.  This pattern is from the book Cultural Fusion Quilts by Sujata Shah.  I love how this pillow turned out.  It really updates my older gold couch.

This is how I usually finish my pillows.  I make the back in two pieces that overlap, and the opening is closed with a piece of velcro.  It's a simple technique, and makes it easy to remove the pillow cover for cleaning.

My husband is an excellent cook.  Our dinners are usually simple, but delicious.  This was pork chops with apples (from Betty Crocker), steamed broccoli, and lovely beverages (I had gin and tonic). I was gifted the awesome glass by my awesome sister-in-law, Jean H. 

We live walking distance to town, so sometimes we get carryout for dinner.  We had Steak Chimichanga and Nachos. 



More pillows made this month for my daughter, Hannah.  She asked me to use solid fabrics with pops of color.  I searched Pinterest for pillow ideas as this is not my usual style.  I made these pillows all from my stash. 

The gardens have been coming on strong this month.  Here, the Siberian iris show many buds, getting ready to bloom.

Great view with purple pansies in one pot; impatiens, geranium, lobelia, and vinca vine in the large planter; and huge hosta and tall alium in the background.  It was a great month for the alium, I saw them all over town. 
Stay safe everyone, and hug your loved ones.  It was a tough week. 

 

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...