Friday, November 23, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are grateful that Emily and Matt hosted Thanksgiving this year!  Emily is an excellent cook, and made the entire feast:  turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, glazed brussel sprouts, crescent rolls, charcuterie platter, and pumpkin cheesecake bars!  All I had to bring was an apple pie. 
This retro picture (c.1980) is my wonderful father-in-law, Don Hudson. Don't you love those '70s touches in the background? Orange coffee pot, green can opener, copper canisters? Don has been gone over 30 years, but his good looks live on in my husband.
We had fun recreating the old photo above.  Different time, different kitchen, but you can tell it's not 1980 anymore!  Insider note - after staging the photo, I stepped in and carved the turkey! We had lots of fun with food, babies, and football, of course!

No comments:

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...