Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Thanksgiving week!

I am thankful the my eldest daughter volunteered to host Thanksgiving this year!  Emily is an excellent cook, so I am looking forward to tasting her delicious meal.  Not to mention, I will not miss making most of the food and hosting the gathering this time! 

She asked me to bring my skillet apple pie.  The pie is delicious, here is the story:  (I told it before but I don't care!)



Is that not the most beautiful pie?  Made by my aunt Marilyn (may she rest in peace).  Crafted from her homegrown apples in a black cast iron skilled, with a lovely layer of brown sugar and butter in the bottom, what's not to love?



Marilyn and Gordon lived on the family farm in Wisconsin.  So beautiful and peaceful there, we loved to visit them.  Now that Marilyn is gone, my cousin Julie moved up there with her son to live with Gordon.  



I am thankful we decided to visit Marilyn on the farm.  A wonderful recipe for delicious pie, but even better, special memories.

Happy thanksgiving!


1 comment:

Barb said...

Sounds absolutely lovely!!

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!  Here's hoping for peace in our world!  A quote that I carry around with me is from my hometown pastor, from years ago -...